Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Guess the Whole Point I'm Trying to Make Here Is....

A woman drove over to the movie shop and she walked right up to the guy behind the counter and I said, “Yeeeeeeah, whaddaya want?” (No, actually it was “Hello, how can I help you?”)

“I'm here to pick up that movie you're holding for me.”

Fernando is confused by this statement, since the only movie he is holding at the moment is for someone who is definitely not this person. “Your…movie?”

“Yes, you were holding a movie for me.”

Fernando is rendered more confused. “I did?”

“The Chihuahua one [Beverly Hills Chihuahua].”

Fernando ponders for half a moment before recollection dawns. “Oh, riiiight. That movie. I sold it.”

“Wh-what?”

“You said you’d be in on the 25th to pick it up. I held it for a few days before I put it back out on the sale rack.” It ended up selling later that same day.

“But I was going to buy it.” Cue sad puppy eyes. “You promised you’d hold it for me.”

“I did have it on hold for you…but it's been three weeks.”

That's just the way things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment