Sunday, December 19, 2010

Promise Made

Fernando is keeping himself entertained one evening with Law and Order when the phone rings.

Hello, Dominion of Movies.”

Hi. I was wondering how much my late fee was.”

Sure thing...could I get your name?”

Jax T.”

Fernando was hoping it was someone else. Unfortunately, he knows that name well through infamy and a spot on his list. “$60.”

What? Really? I didn't think it would be that much!”

Well, last time you were in you rented Shutter Island. You had it out for over two weeks and disregarded my phone calls reminding you to bring it back. At $2.50 a night, plus the fact you had late fees previously, it adds up.” It is somewhat necessary for Fernando to point out at this juncture that the individuals in question had only ever rented twice.

I guess so. Um...how much would I need to pay off if I wanted to come down to rent tonight?”

All of it.”

W-what?”

You put a buck fifty on your late fee last time you were in, and it was at over twenty bucks then. As I said, you then rented Shutter Island and it is now at $60.”

So I can't rent?”

Not unless you pay off the entirety of the late fee.”

Well...can I rent if I promise to pay it off when I get my income tax refund in January?”

Come by in January and we'll talk.”

No comments:

Post a Comment