Thursday, November 4, 2010

Parental Responsibility

Fernando must sadly deal with people who are, for want of a better term, irresponsible, and it is no surprise at all that their children adopt such mannerisms as well. It should also come as no surprise that the parents go into angry rant mode when they attempt to rent and are informed their offspring racked up late and replacement fees. One such conversation went as follows:

I can't rent to you until these late fees are paid off.”

What? How did I get $61 in late fees?”

Your daughter was in a few weeks back and rented two movies, neither of which was ever returned, despite my numerous calls. I even sent a letter certified mail. These fees add up.”

You can't charge me for that!”

Actually, I can. She rented under your account.”

I'll tell her to pay them off.”

That's very nice of you. If and when that happens, you can rent again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment