Sunday, March 11, 2012

Time, Interest, These Things Matter Not

A lady comes into the store one evening. “Hey, what's a good movie that you've seen?”

Um. I really liked Burke and Hare but that one came out end of December.”

Wait, so you haven't seen these?” She points at the new release rack and nebulously targets titles like Breaking Dawn: Part 1 and All Things Fall Apart.

Not really. Puss In Boots, yes. The other newer ones not so much.”

Why not? Don't you work here?”

I do. 'Work' is kind of the operative word. I don't really find myself immersed in a film if I have to pause it or stop watching it every few minutes to help a customer.”

Take them home and watch them there.”

That would require me to have the free time and inclination to watch those movies after hours. I lack both on most days. Not to mention the movies would need to be in at the end of the night and if that's the case I did something terribly wrong.”

Well, I'm just going to take this one if you can't help,” she says, plucking the tag for Breaking Dawn.

Works for me. I'm not exactly the target demographic for that movie anyway.”

Fernando fills out the slip, she pays, and she leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment