Thursday, January 19, 2012

Useless

An older lady enters the store one afternoon. “Where're your new releases?” she demands.

They're actually right behind you. Everything's organized chronologically but if you're looking for something in particular just let me know.”

The woman makes a throaty harrumph and studies the rack for a moment. “The ones I want aren't in.”

Which ones are those? I could certainly reserve a copy for you.”

Dolphin Tale and The Help.”

Fernando grimaces. “Sorry, but all of my copies of those have already been rented out for the night. Like I said, though, if you'd like me to hold them for you for tomorrow or another day, I'd be happy to.”

I want them now!” the woman mewls.

I'm sorry, but I can't help you with that. I can still hold them for you for tomorrow though.”

You're no help,” she says, and stumps out.

Okay then.

No comments:

Post a Comment