Thursday, January 26, 2012

Math Blaster

The phone rings one afternoon. “Hello, Dominion of Movies.”

Yeah, I'm wondering if you'd be interested in buying some movies from me.”

Well, that would depend on which titles they are and how good of condition they are in.”

I've got about six hundred VHS tapes here. I'll let them go for a only buck apiece.”

Er...I resell VHS tapes for less than that. They're not worth very much, seeing as the technology has been defunct for a decade now.”

Yeah, but I've got all kinds. Clint Eastwood ones, every James Bond movie, I've got all kinds.”

I'm sorry, but your best option might be attempting to resell them as lots on eBay or something. I won't be able to offer you what you're asking at all. Not anything close to it.”

How much you thinking?”

Probably like ten cents each, at most.”

Fernando hears a hissing intake of breath. “I think I'll try somewhere else.”

Best of luck to you. Have a good day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment