Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Thursday is the New Friday

A semiregular enters the store Wednesday afternoon and rents a few movies. “D'ya have any popcorn?” he asks after paying.

No, sorry. Popcorn is Friday, Saturday, and Sunday if it lasts.”

Eh?”

If I have leftover popcorn from Saturday, I roll it over to Sunday. And if I had leftover popcorn from Sunday, likewise for Monday, maybe, I guess,” Fernando explains. “But I never do.”

Oh, okay.” And he leaves.

He returns the movies the following day and decides to rent again. “Popcorn today?” he asks.

Um, no,” answers Fernando. After a brief pause: “You asked this question yesterday. I only give it out on weekends.”

I figured you'd have some in the store today, since you need it for tomorrow.”

Okay, you got me there. I like to keep a cache of extra supplies around in case I need them.”

So can I have some?”

No.”

He leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment