Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Q&A

A customer a few years Fernando's junior enters the store with her fiveish-year-old daughter. She selects some rental tags and brings them to the counter. Transaction goes through without incident.

Do you think you could hold Rango for me for tomorrow?” she asks.

Absolutely. Once I get a copy in I'll set it aside for you for when you return these.”

Awesome.” She waits a beat before continuing, “What would you do if I came in with a full stamp card?” She puts queer emphasis on the word and leers at Fernando in a sort of awkward manner.

Um, probably give you a free rental?”

That's it? What if I came in with two​?”

Then you'd get two free rentals.”

This answer for some reason disappoints her. “Oh,” she says. “I'll see you tomorrow, then.” And she leaves.

Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment