Sunday, June 19, 2011

Canned Air

A middle-aged, scruffy-looking gentleman enters the store one day. “Yeah, I got a quick question for ya. Ya know anything about cleaning DVD players?”

Um, there's not too awful much out there to know on the subject. Used to be that I had a cleaning disc for the players but I lent that out years ago and it was never returned. I haven't really been bothered to get a new one because canned air does everything that thing did.”

Canned air?”

Yeah, it's used for cleaning dust off electronics and stuff, for when you can't use water or a vacuum for fear of static electricity or, well, water damaging your things. Runs seven to twelve bucks a can depending on where you get it.”

How's it work?”

Um. The can has a long nozzle and you stick that where it needs to go, squeeze a little trigger, and pressurized air shoots out. Cleans the dust off the laser array pretty well.”

Oh, okay,” says the man. “I'll give that a shot then. I've got an air compressor at home. Thanks.” And he leaves.

The man failed to return, so his plan must have worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment