Sunday, May 29, 2011

Flexibility

A pretty young woman and her friend enter the store one evening and select four movies to rent. Fernando is mostly sure he knows who she is but asks her name anyway. Turns out he is right.

He begins filling out the rental slip when she throws a ten dollar bill upon the countertop. “You can just put the rest of that onto my late fee.”

Fernando nods. “No problem.” Then he goes about collecting the movies while the young woman turns to her friend.

Yeah, I was in a while ago and said, 'I think I have some late fees.' I thought I had like six bucks but he says, 'Um, you actually have like 19.' But it was cool because he let me put stuff down on it.”

Indeed it was cool,” says Fernando as he returns with movies in tow. “I try not to be a draconian asshole to people the first time something like that happens because, well, shit happens.”

They both laugh and the second girl chirps, “You sound really flexible!”

Oh god no. You won't see me doing splits anytime soon.”

Giggles cascade from the two of them again as they leave the store and bid Fernando a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment