Sunday, November 20, 2011

Buddy System

Hey, is this movie any good?” The young lady in question, one of Fernando's regulars, is pointing at the case for Arthur.

That depends. How much can you tolerate Russell Brand?”

Um...I dunno. What else was he in?”

Get Him to the Greek, Forgetting Sarah Marshall. He was the crazy, drug-addled guy in both of them. He's the crazy, acts-like-he's-drug-addled guy in this one too. Almost as if he's typecast to those roles based on his real-life shenanigans.” Fernando makes a show of rolling his eyes. “They still call it acting, though.”

She giggles. “Oh, I didn't like those so much. But I think I'll give this one a shot. It can't hurt, right?”

Well, it is said that doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results is the definition of insanity.”

The customer laughs. “It's like you don't want me to rent this thing!”

I mean, I want you to rent it. I'd love for you to rent it. But I think there's some law on the books that requires informed consent. Like how you probably have to sign some kind of waiver if you plan on hiking near Chernobyl. I'm just looking out for you, here.” Fernando pounds a fist over his heart.

She laughs again. “This is why I come here to rent.”

Fernando bows.

No comments:

Post a Comment