Thursday, September 19, 2013

Love Bites

A middle-aged woman comes into the store one afternoon. “Hey, boss, you got When a Man Loves a Woman here?”
Sorry, I'm afraid I do not. It was here on VHS long ago, but I cleared those out a while back.”
And you didn't get it new?”
No. I didn't really see the point.”
It's such a good movie though.”
This is what I've heard, I guess.”
You guess?”
Well, I'm not particularly the target demographic so my opinion doesn't really figure into things, plus I'm the guy who owns the store so even if it did it wouldn't practically matter.”
Will you get it?”
For you? I could certainly look into ordering you in a copy to buy.”
No, to rent.”
I'm afraid not then.”
You just said you'd order a copy.”
Yeah, for you to own and to treasure for always. I'm not going to order in a movie that's twenty-five years old and have it take up premium inventory space for the foreseeable future.”
I would rent it.”
I'm afraid that doesn't change my conclusion. Is there anything else I can help you with today?”

There is not, and the woman leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment