Sunday, March 10, 2013

And a Bottle of Rum


A middle-aged man, one which Fernando had not seen before, enters the Dominion one afternoon not long after opening time. “Hey, do you sell copies of movies?”
How do you mean?”
If I pay you can you make a copy of a movie for me.”
Sorry. I enjoy staying out of debtor's prison.” Yes, Fernando knows that such a thing does not exist anymore. No, that did not stop him from invoking it.
Fernando's response in the negative does not dissuade his patron. “Do you know any place that does?”
No, sorry. I try not to associate with people who knowingly violate copyright law and I reckon most people in the business feel similarly.”
So what am I supposed to do?”
Renting it comes to mind. That way you can enjoy the movie without dedicating fifteen or twenty dollars towards owning it.”
The man makes a disgruntled chuff, flails an arm and hand towards Fernando dismissively, and walks out.

No comments:

Post a Comment