Thursday, October 11, 2012

Felis, Chiroptera, Video

A woman enters the Dominion one afternoon in early October. She immediately comes up to the counter. “Do you have that movie with Catwoman in it?”
Which one?” Fernando replies. “The Dark Knight Rises isn't set to come out for a while yet, so I'm afraid I've only got Batman Returns and Catwoman with Halle Berry.”
Either one of those will do. I'm dressing up as her for Halloween and I want to make sure I get the costume right.”
Hmm. Though the internet exists and there are a great overabundance of stills from assorted movies, cosplays, and so forth of assorted women portraying Catwoman, Fernando does not mention this source of answers to his customer, not yet. “Well, they have different costumes in each of them,” Fernando says. “It's a pity I don't have any of the old Adam West Batman here so you could see how they costumed Julie Newmar's Catwoman as well.”
You have the other ones, though?”
Absolutely.” Fernando rises and retrieves the two movies for the woman. He feels momentarily guilty that he is subjecting another living human being to Catwoman, but he shoves this ill-advised empathy away.
The transaction goes through without issue. “Thanks a lot,” she tells Fernando when she gathers her movies together. “I hope this will be good enough to show me how to do it.”
Now Fernando can be the good guy and impart upon her the boundless knowledge of the electronic sphere. “Well, if it isn't, you can always search online for ideas and maybe even, uh, fabric-cut out-guide-things.”
Patterns?”
Yep, that's probably the word I'm looking for, thanks. Catwoman's a fairly popular sort for ladies to cosplay as.”
Oh, cool. Thanks for mentioning that, I never would have thought of it otherwise!”
My pleasure. Best of luck in your costume endeavors.”
Whether these investigative efforts will have yielded fruit is a revelation only the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment