Thursday, February 23, 2012

God Bless

-Ring ring ring- goes the phone one Saturday afternoon.

Hello, Dominion of Movies.”

Hi, this is France Zip-Bag. I'm calling from Zail-Kanzin Church and I was wondering if you had a movie.”

Which one would that be?”

Letters to God. We were showing it today for our parishioners but we've misplaced our copy.”

I should have it around here somewhere. Let me check right quick for you.” Fernando heads out into the store and scans the shelves for the DVD case. It is nowhere to be found. “Well, the case isn't on the rack out here where it should be but I know I've got it.” He returns into the office and searches the shelves back there. “Nineteen-twenty-three...twenty-three...there we are! Yeah, got it right here.”

Great. We'll be down in two minutes to pick it up.”

Zail-Kanzin is maybe a seven, eight minute drive to the south from Saladolsa, but it turns out Mr. Zip-Bag was not fibbing. A vehicle pulls in from the north side of the highway. A women climbs out and enters the store. “Hello!” Fernando greets her.

She appears flustered. “Hi. Um, I'm looking for Letters to God. I just got a phone call asking for me to pick it up for a thing we're putting on down at Zail-Kanzin Church.”

I've got it right here.” Fernando does one of the things which he does best and the woman is sent back on her way with grace and efficiency.

You're a lifesaver. God bless you!” she says as she leaves.

I feel like I got a ring of Wish with a single charge and I don't want to squander it....

No comments:

Post a Comment