Sunday, May 12, 2013

Limitations


One of Fernando's acquaintances, Narcisa, enters the store one afternoon. He had not seen her in many a month, for she had been quite busy juggling her numerous life-happenings including college graduations, work, and raising children. The first thing she says to him after he emerges from his back room with a fresh cup of coffee is, “Never have kids, Fern.”
Fernando sips at his cup of molten sex. “I actually don't think I can, unless they've refined a surgery to let me.”
Oh, Fern, I didn't know. I'm really sorry to hear that.”
Fernando stands still for a moment, puzzling through her response, as it took him off-guard. Then comprehension bloomed. “What...? No, no, I'm not saying I'm sterile, I'm saying I lack a uterus.”
Oh, duh,” Narcisa says. “You can tell I don't get most jokes.”
In all fairness and honesty, it wasn't much of a joke to begin with.”

No comments:

Post a Comment