Sunday, April 15, 2012

Moon Tongue

A guy comes into the Dominion and asks for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. He appends a caveat to his request, however: "Yeah, I heard this thing is in a crazy language. Is it? Cuz I don't want to have to read anything."

Mmm-hmm. "Well, if by 'crazy language' you mean 'anything that isn't English,' then no, it is not in any crazy language. Well, I mean, it is, since after all this is English we're talking about, but it is a crazy language with which you have a certain amount of facility."

The man looks at Fernando for a second, then says, "Wait. So it's not in English?"

I just...

I don't know anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Your wordplay was no match for this poor soul. Hell, I had to read it twice, and I'm a smart man by other people's standards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo is in a crazy language. Now, Män som hatar kvinnor on the other hand...

    ReplyDelete