Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Too Funny

Fernando is busy filling out a rental slip for a customer who'd just rented the night before. “Wow, good memory!” says the woman when Fernando jots her name down without needing to ask her.

Well, you were in just yesterday. I'd be in pretty poor straits if I can't remember which name is attached to which face for even that long,” Fernando says with a shrug. “Give me a week, week and a half and things will go back to the status quo.”

For some reason, this causes the woman to burst out in laughter. Not polite chuckles or girlish tee-hees, but full-blown belly laughs that suck the breath from one's body. After a while, she calms down enough to gasp, “You're too funny. I never would have guessed.”

Thanks,” says Fernando. “I'll take any win I can, no matter how small.”

1 comment:

  1. Not that I didn't enjoy this post, but I kinda want to know what the deal was with the soda-bying, rental-charging teenage girl you were posting about...

    ReplyDelete