Thursday, April 14, 2011

Famous Handyman

A twenty-something-year-old man comes in one evening. “Hey, man,” he says, “do you know anything about X360s?”

That depends what's being asked of me,” answers Fernando. “General maintenance or stuff like fixing the Red Ring of Death?”

You must be psychic or something. You read my mind.”

Not that hard to guess, actually. It's a matter of statistics. Well, and confirmation bias. Had I been wrong I still could probably convince you that I know what the hell I'm talking about.”

He barks a short chuckle. “So can you fix it?”

That'd be a horrible idea that would put you worse off than you were before because I'm inept at doing things like actually, physically fixing electronics. Your best bet is to go to the Xbox website and see about sending it in for repair or replacement if it's still under warranty.”

Uh, well, I bought it used so I don't have, like, the code or anything. So you know anybody who could fix it?”

Not off the top of my head. You might want to try asking at the Sound Shelf, since they deal in used electronics and might dabble in repairs too; I dunno. Else Radio Shack might be able to help you.”

Damn. I was just up there and they told me to come to you and ask for help.”

Word of Fernando's innumerable talents has spread far and wide, it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment