Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Freebies

One Saturday the phone rings.

Hello, Dominion of Movies.”

Yes, hi. I was in yesterday and rented a couple of movies from you. I just wanted to let you know that I won't be able to get them back until Monday.”

Oh, that's no problem at all. It'd just be a little bit extra for the additional days you've got it out. I'll give you the extra-day-rental-rate instead of the full late fee since you called.”

Ok, what's that?”

It'd come to $2 total. Two movies times two days times fifty cents a day.”

Ok, well, we did get the one movie free.”

I am aware of that.”

You're charging me for the extra nights on that one?”

Er...yeah.”

Even though it was free?”

Well, I mean, it's a one-night rental. If you had told me up-front you wanted the movie for extra nights, you would have had to pay for them then.”

Finally, the person speaks. “So I can leave the money in the case when I drop it off?”

Yeah, that'd be fine.”

Ok. Thanks. Bye.”

1 comment:

  1. But I thought if you got a free rental you could keep it as long as you want for free. :(

    ReplyDelete